- Malawi Airlines considers children from the age of 5 to end of 11 years who are traveling alone on Malawi Airlines or Other Airline as Unaccompanied Minors with mandatory escort service. Malawi Airlines considers youth between the ages of 12 to17 as unaccompanied minors as well but they can be accepted without escort by paying applicable service fee.
- Malawi Airlines will not take the responsibility for Unaccompanied Minors beyond the airport at which they are embarking or disembarking. However, Malawi Airlines will take the responsibility for the safe delivery of the unaccompanied minor to the receiving carrier at transfer point.
- Unaccompanied minors under the age of five (5) years shall not be accepted on all Malawi Airlines flights with out accompanying family member.
- A Company escort (cabin crew) is mandatory for unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 to end of 11 years on domestic/ international routes.
- An escort can be provided by Malawi Airlines, at an applicable charge, on both domestic and international routes.
- Prior to issuance of ticket, the client should fill an Unaccompanied Minor Form with complete addresses and telephone numbers of all the responsible persons involved who will be responsible at origin, intermediate (if transfer is involved) and destination stations.
- In the event that arrangement cannot be made by a parent or guardian to receive the child at transfer point and no escort service is requested, Malawi Airlines will assist in making arrangements for a suitable custodian without, accepting any liability. This arrangement of such custodianship is for children who are 12 and above years of age.
IV. Unaccompanied Minor’s and Company Escorts’ Fare
The following fares shall apply for the transportation of unaccompanied minors on international routes.
NON CODE SHARE FLIGHT
Service Fee Company
International Route Domestic Route 5 to End of 11 years Adult fare Mandatory at USD50.00
Mandatory at USD50.00
Optional 12 to end of 17 years Adult fare Optional Optional Optional
Note: For age group 5 to end of 11 years, If escort is requested the applicable charge is Child Fare + One way adult fare for Escort + Service charge.
Youth from 12-17 years will pay USD50.00 one way if special attention is required.
CODE SHARE FLIGHT
Applicable Fare Company Escort
5 to End of 11 years Adult fare + service fee
Mandatory One way adult fare 12 to End of 17 years Adult fare + service fee
Note: Additional applicable charge should be collected for interline carriage for both non code share and code share flights.
Unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 to end of 11 years will be accepted for transportation on domestic routes with Company escort by paying one way of the adult fare for the company escort and USD50 service fee. Unaccompanied minors between the ages of 12 to 18 can travel without escort by filling UM form and paying USD50 service fee. (For more information please contact your travel agency or Malawi Airlines Sales & Ticketing Office.)
These pages are for informative purposes only and do not form a contract. As such, any information contained within this site is subject to change with or without notice. Malawi Airlines assumes no liability for these changes. Malawi Airlines also reserves the right to interpret and apply these policies and procedures. In each case, Malawi Airlines' interpretations and applications shall be final and conclusive.