Malawi Airlines Limited is a registered partnership company with shareholding between Malawi Government and Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise. Malawi Airline is the national flag carrier that operates B737-700 and Q400 Aircrafts having direct flights to regional cities of Johannesburg, Lusaka, Harare, Dar es Salaam, and Nairobi; besides daily domestic flights between Lilongwe and Blantyre. The Airline offers warm and friendly services to make customers feel at home. It plays vital role to promote tourism and trade by providing value for money services to all the destinations it operates to. Malawi Airlines has excellent on-time performance and baggage handling services.
To keep our promise and in line with our growth strategy, the airline intends to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following position tenable at Lilongwe:
JUNIOR CABIN CREW
These will be our brand ambassadors and will be trained to provide exceptional customer service experience on our flights.
- Adheres consistently to the airline safety and security policy and procedures through identification and mitigation of operational hazards and related security risks and implements all precautionary actions measures/processes, et cetera.
- Ensures that cabin safety and security is in accordance with Malawi Airlines policy and standard and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides optimum comfort and service to passengers with courtesy, efficiency, thoughtfulness and ready assistance in conformity with the Malawi Airlines standards;
- Ensures that all travel documents and manuals are updated and readily on hand.
- Observes all safety regulations at all times.
- Strictly observes all company regulations and directives as well as those issued by governments and other regulatory bodies.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulations specified for the position in Malawi Airlines Security Manual.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of writing the application letter but not be above 26 years old.
- Minimum height of 159 cm
- Holder of Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or equivalent with at least a credit in English.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa.
- Physically fit to meet Malawi Cabin Crew requirements.
- Those with nursing or hospitality qualifications and other foreign languages will have an added advantage.
- Practicing Cabin Crew will also have added advantage.
- Positive attitude and empathy for others.
- Strong cultural awareness and ability to adapt to new environment and people.
- Flexibility and motivation to manage a demanding work schedule.
- Must be dynamic, professional and outgoing.
Successful candidates will undergo an intensive off-the job and on-the-job training. Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications, giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates and names of three (3) traceable referees to:
Manager - HR, Oversee of Legal & Company Secretariat
Malawi Airlines Limited
P O Box 2095
Or send an email to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th September, 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
Malawi Airlines is an equal opportunity employer.