Malawi Airlines Limited is a registered partnership company with shareholding between Malawi Government and Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise. Malawi Airlines is the national flag carrier that operates B737-700 and Q400 Aircrafts having direct flights to regional cities of Johannesburg; Lusaka; Harare and Dar es Salaam; besides daily domestic flights between Lilongwe and Blantyre. The Airline offers warm and friendly service to make customers feel at home. It plays vital role to promote tourism and trade by providing value for money services to all the destinations it operates. Malawi Airlines has excellent on-time performance and baggage handling services.
To keep our promise and in line with our growth strategy, the airline intends to recruit;
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of Procurement Officer based at head office. The role holder will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase of all materials and services of related with catering items and aircraft related parts of the company based on the company purchase policy:
- Prepare Local purchase orders based on purchase requisition raised by user department and then go for supplier for three quotations and recommend decide on price and quality;
- Properly check the material purchased based on LPO and receive properly and deliver to the user department and received signed delivery note;
- Preparation of inventory reports relating to stock issues;
- Handles catering materials requirement in coordination with in-flight services and catering officer.
- And help clearing of custom items when we get proper authorization from MRA
- Ensure strict adherence to the safety and security standards of Malawi Airlines.
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Advanced Diploma (CIPS) or related qualification.
- 1-2 years’ practical experience in procurement.
- Computer literacy.
- High level proven integrity
- Knowledge of inflight consumables.
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Manager - HR, Oversee of Legal & Company Secretariat
Malawi Airlines Limited
P O Box 2095
Or send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receiving applications is 1st July, 2019. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Malawi Airlines is an equal opportunity employer!