- As used in this Conditions of Carriage:
“Carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carries including Malawi Airlines that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his/her baggage hereunder.
“Checked Baggage” means Baggage of which the Carrier has agreed to take custody and for which a Baggage Tag has been issued.
“Code shares” means carriage by air which will be operated by another carrier as indicated in the ticket.
“Convention” means either of Warsaw Convention or Montreal Convention or both, as may be applicable.
“Hague Protocol” means a protocol to the Warsaw Convention signed at The Hague, 28th September 1955.
“Montreal Convention” means the Convention for the unification of certain rules for international carriage by Air, was agreed in Montreal on 28 May 1999.
“SDR” means Special Drawing Right which is a unit of account of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) the value of which is periodically defined by the IMF on the basis of the listed prices of several reference currencies.
“Ticket” means a passenger ticket and baggage check, of which these conditions and the notices form part.
“Unchecked Baggage or “Cabin Baggage” means all Baggage, including personal items, other than Checked Baggage. This Unchecked Baggage remains in the custody of the Passenger.
“Warsaw Convention” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by either the Warsaw Convention (or any amendments thereof) or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage” as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to:
- provisions contained in the ticket;
- applicable tariffs,
- Carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in the ticket or as shown in carriers timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of. carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. No action shall lie in the case of damage to baggage unless the person entitled to delivery complains to carrier forthwith after the discovery of the damage, and, in international air travel at the latest within 7 days from receipt; and in case of damage resulted due to delay, unless the complaint is made within 7 days from date on which the baggage was delivered. If a complaint is not filed within the time limits stipulated, all actions against the Carrier shall have lapsed and be inadmissible.
- The ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in the ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
CARRIER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE TO ANY PERSON WHO HAS ACQUIRED A TICKET IN VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAW OR CARRIER’S TARIFFS, RULES OR REGULATIONS.
TICKET IS SOLD SUBJECT TO TARIFF REGULATIONS.